Social Security

Page DividerSocial Security should be notified as soon as possible when a person dies.  As part of Wakelee's services we will report your loved one's death to local Social Security Administration offices. Some of the deceased’s family members may be able to receive Social Security benefits if the deceased person worked long enough under Social Security to qualify for benefits. You should get in touch with Social Security as soon as you can to make sure the family receives all of the benefits to which it may be entitled.

 For more information on Social Security survivors benefits, 

call Social Security Administration directly at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at